26 April 2018, at Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
The UN/CEFACT Blockchain Whitepaper Project was launched in May 2017 and currently has 75 participating experts The scope of the project is to look at:
- How Blockchain technology could be used to facilitate trade and related business processes
- How existing UN/CEFACT deliverables could be used by Blockchain application developers
- Possible changes to existing UN/CEFACT deliverables, or new deliverables, that could be considered in order to support Blockchain trade-facilitation related applications.
Follow the URL for more complete description of the project.
The objective of this workshop/conference is to discuss and obtain feedback and comments from experts on the:
- Issue of interoperability between different blockchains
- Draft chapters for the White Paper on Blockchain and Trade Facilitation
- Draft White Paper on Blockchain Standards
The project team and participating experts will also discuss recommendations to be made to the UN/CEFACT Bureau for subsequent follow-up activities.
All interested in finding out more about how Blockchain could be used to support trade (including trade in services).
To attend the conference, participants need to be register for the UN/CEFACT Forum. You are kindly requested to register online.