24 April 2018
Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
Over the past years, Internet of Things (IoT) technology has been increasingly in the news with many articles and usage. IoT appears to be an important new development which will allow integration of Internet based technologies into every sphere of life including the area of Trade Facilitation Objective This Conference seeks to establish some clarity and a collective understanding of the potential of IoT technology for supporting trade and trade facilitation as well as the other business and government activities where the United Nations Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT) has projects.
To reach this objective, a range of experts will talk about the various aspects of IoT technology and will take questions from the floor. You will also hear from organizations, from different sectors, about their experiences and lessons learned from implementing IoT-based pilot projects or operational systems. Speakers will talk about the use of IoT in transportation (including a seaport), finance, supply chains, agriculture, energy and other sectors. It will also address Security and Authentication issues of IoT applications. Come, learn and contribute to the discussion.
- UN/CEFACT Experts interested in associating IoT with UN/CEFACT standards and deliverables
- Potential users of IoT in all fields of activity (even outside UN/CEFACT)
- All parties that have an interest in easier cross border trade
- Decision makes in the field of Trade facilitation Organizers
- UN/CEFACT eGovernment Domain.